What to complete online before you come in:
–https://www.fultonschools.org/enrollment. Follow this link to complete the online portion of the registration process before coming in for registration. This will help us ensure a smooth and speedy enrollment for you and your child.
Location: Media Center
Dates and Times: July 31st: 12:00pm-2:30pm
August 1st: 9:30am-12:00pm
August 5th: 9:30am-2:30pm
August 8th: 12:00pm-2:30pm
What to bring in with you on the day of registration:
-Originals of all registration documents (even if entered information online)
-Print out of your application number
-Student records/grades from previous school to help with current course selection
In order to process the student registration, all Fulton County required enrollment documents are required at registration time. Please review the required list here: http://roswellstudentservices.weebly.com/new-student-enrollment.html
Families are also encouraged to review the RHS Course Catalog to review academic and elective course selections prior to registration. Please find the course information here: https://roswellhornets.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/RHS-Course-Catalog-2019-2020.pdf.
Enrollment During the School Year
Welcome to Roswell!
Enrollment is by appointment only. Both parent/guardian and student(s) must attend. To schedule an appointment, please contact Ms. Townsend at 470-254-4642.
Follow the instructions below to promote a smooth transition.
According to Board Policy and Procedure JBC – “School Admissions,” a student residing full-time within the Fulton County School System is eligible to attend a Fulton County school under the following criteria:
- The dwelling in which the student resides must appear on the tax rolls of Fulton County.
- The student resides with his/her parent or legal guardian.
- The student resides with a foster parent through placement by the Department of Family and Children Services or a state-licensed child placement agency.
- The student is an adult still meeting entrance age requirements (see Policy JBB – “Entrance Age”).
- The student is an emancipated minor.
- The student is homeless (See Policy JBCA – “School Admissions for Homeless Students”).
Requirements for All New Students
Prior to the enrollment appointment, parents and students are asked to:
- Gather and bring all documents necessary to enroll. A complete list of required documents is listed below. Students will NOT be enrolled without all of the proper documentation.
- Complete the enrollment packet in advance. Enrollment packets are available for pick-up in the Front Office.
- Read the PTSA Newsletter
- Familiarize themselves with course offerings. View the RHS Course Catalog Revised for information on courses offered or view our Career Technology Pathways elective video below.
Required Documents (items 1 – 7)
1. Ear, Eye and Dental Screening – A student, regardless of grade level, who has never been in a Georgia public school must provide certification of eye, ear and dental examinations on the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3300. Any child admitted to school without a certificate must present one within 120 calendar days. Forms may be obtained and completed at the local public health departments or physician offices.
2. Immunization Certificate – Georgia requires students to be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, polio, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, & hepatitis B. Children born on or after 1-1-06, require Hep A, and for Childcare & PreK only – haemophilus influenza (Hib). Immunization information must be on the proper Georgia Department of Human Resources form; these are available through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness or local physicians (Form 3231).
**Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, Children born on or after 1-1-2002, in 7th grade or higher and students who are considered “new entrants” in grades 8-12 will be required to have Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) and MCV (meningococcal conjugate) vaccines prior to entering school. A “new entrant” means any child entering a Georgia school for the first time or entering after having been absent for more than 12 months or one school year.
3. Proof of Date of Birth – Students entering the school district for the first time must submit proof of date of birth to be copied by the school for placement in the permanent record folder. The school will accept evidence in the order set forth below that shows the student’s date of birth:
i. A certified copy of a birth certificate, certified hospital issued birth record or birth
ii. A military ID;
iii. A valid driver’s license;
iv. A passport;
v. An adoption record;
vi. A religious record signed by an authorized religious official;
vii. An official school transcript; or
viii. If none of these items can be produced, an affidavit of age sworn to By the parent, guardian or other person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed practicing physician, which states that the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
Parents may be given up to 30 calendar days after the student enrolls to secure proof of birth date. It is the parent’s responsibility to pay the fee and postage for obtaining such proof of birth date. Birth certificates for children born in Georgia may be requested from:
Georgia Department of Human Resources Vital Records
2600 Skyland Drive, NE Atlanta, Georgia 30319-3640
phone: 404-679-4701 fax: 404-524-4278
4. Proof of Residency – Per Board Policy JBC, “School Admissions,” as of February 2015, persons enrolling a student shall submit two proofs of residency from the schools system’s approved list of verifiable residency documents: one from the approved utility list and one from the approved residency list, upon new enrollment in Fulton County Schools or upon entry into Kindergarten, 6th, 9th grades, and when there is any address change. Both documents must contain parent or guardian’s name and current address.
Appropriate records for verification of residency must include:
ü One current water or electric bill AND
ü One residence document from the list below:
· Copy of home mortgage bill
· Valid Driver’s License/ State ID
· Copy of home sale contract
· Section Eight/ HUD Housing Document
· Homeowner’s/Renter’s insurance registration card
· Current bank statement
· Current Paycheck
· Current HOA Bill
· Current Apartment/House Lease
If proof of residency is delayed, the student will be provisionally enrolled for a period of 30 calendar days. At the end of this 30 day period, if proof of residency has not been provided, the student may be withdrawn.
5. Social Security Card – Social security numbers are voluntary. Waivers are available in local schools. Applications for social security numbers are also available in local schools. A migrant number is acceptable.
6. Academic Records – If possible, please bring most recent report card, withdrawal form from previous school and/or transcripts. These are essential for proper placement of students. Students in grades 7-12 also will need copies of any discipline records.
7. Special Education Records – If your child is currently being served through special education, please bring all supporting documents with you to the registration appointment (including the most recent IEP and any eligibility information).
Private School Preregistration
Prospective students and parents are invited to meet school staff and learn about academic and extracurricular opportunities. The program begins at 9:30. Preregistration will take place immediately following the program at 11:00.
Preregistration Flyer Final 2019