Announcements 1/14/20

Speaking of the HOUR OF CODE: We still need a dozen volunteers to facilitate a home room hour of code session this Friday! Please help us out! You’ll earn 2 service hours if you need them! Last Hour of code training sessions are this week during all lunches in Mr Lee’s room, G125.

Are you asking yourself “how could I fulfill my civic duty and get involved in our democracy”? Well, you are in luck! Next week, January 22 and 23, Roswell High School will be sponsoring a Voter Registration Drive. If you are at least 17 and a half and a citizen of the U.S., you are eligible to register to vote in our upcoming elections. Bring your driver’s license to the Media Center next Wednesday or Thursday from 7:45-8:10am, during C or D lunches, or after school until 4:00 and register to vote! If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Masters in room F-111 or Mrs. Kemper in room F-107.

Are you interested in trying out for Boys Lacrosse? You must have a sports physical uploaded to dragonfly. Tryouts are January 21st-23rd. See Mrs. Bethune in F-106 for details.

Congratulations to Noah Frank and Eric Dukes for their acceptance into the 2020 All-State Orchestra!

Girls Golf will have a meeting Friday, January 17th at 7:50 am in PE06.

Good morning Roswell High School…. JUST 4 days until the Hour of Code on Friday! Here are a few fun facts to thing about; Did you know? Only 10% of all the money worldwide is physical cash. The other 90% only exist on computers. Did you know? The word ‘typewriter’ is the longest word you can type using just one row of a computer keyboard. See on Friday for the HOUR OF CODE!

Language Fusion Club members: Join us on Wednesday, January 15 after school in room E127 to learn about and make arts and crafts from around the world.

Spring semester can be stressful, so don’t let it get the best of you. Go to the HUB this Wednesday during B or C study hall, and meditate your stress away. You’ll be amazed at the difference 25 minutes can make!

TAG Registration is OPEN for spring semester seminars. Please go to the TAG website (roswelltag.wixsite.com/rhstag) to register. Seminar classes begin the week of January 20th during study hall so register today to get your first choice!

There will be a Key Club meeting on Wednesday, January 15 at 8:00 in Mrs. Boyd’s room, F114. Members MUST attend this meeting. This message is for all fall athletes. We are now accepting applications for Scholar Athlete Recognition for Fall 2019. If you lettered in a GHSA sanctioned sport and earned a 90% GPA during the fall season, you can download the Scholar Athlete application to get your award patch. Visit the RHS website or the athletics website to download the application.

170 total views, 20 views today

Roswell High School - Go Hornets!

Roswell High School’s mission is to promote student learning, expect excellence, and celebrate achievement. Roswell High School is located in the suburbs of Atlanta, about eighteen miles north of the city. Although the original Roswell High School was established in 1949, the current facility opened in the fall of 1990. Truly serving as a valuable resource for the Roswell community, the school enjoys a close relationship with the city of Roswell as well as many local businesses and civic organizations. Roswell has been consistently recognized as one of Georgia’s top academic schools. With more than twenty AP courses offered, the school’s Advanced Placement Program is rated as one of the best in the country. Successful programs in athletics and the performing arts complement Roswell’s high academic achievements. We are Roswell. Go HORNETS!

You may also like...

Translate »